Nov 22, 2017
Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and the folks at The Comics
Alternative all gather around the virtual table to share what
they are thankful for in terms of comics and comics culture.
Pulling up a seat this year are Gwen, Paul, Sean, Gene, Edward, and
Derek. Among the many things that they're thankful for are
- First Second's Science Comics and
- local comics shops (Comix Revolution in Evanston,
IL, and Heroes Aren't Hard to Find in Charlotte, NC) and
local conventions (such as CAKE),
- being able to meet your comics heroes, such as Gary Panter and Trina Robbins,
- the conclusion of Inio Asano's Goodnight
- Fantagraphics and its always impressive output, such as this
year's Now and How to Read Nancy,
- Françoise Mouly and Nadja Spiegelman's Resist!,
- Craig Yoe,
- the growing number of publishers of Franco-Belgian comics,
- having dinner with Gilbert Hernandez and his
- Kodansha Comics and its ongoing efforts to publish quality
editions of classic (and not-so-classic) manga,
- and the many creators and publicists who help to make this
What more could one ask for in a holiday podcast episode?
Well...maybe some pie.